Monday, April 28, 2014

True Warriors.

It's April. The same month Disney's Bambi was born. Did he die at the end of the movie? I can never remember...

Speaking of births, I am going to be an Aunt. My sister is about to pop and I am so excited! My own little nephew. He is either going to be insanely terrified of me, or think I am the coolest thing since the death of the bell bottoms fad. The second one...in the 90's.

Ahhh.... Materfamilias. The Matriarchal figure. The one with an extra celebratory day...

Is that really necessary though? Not that I am the one questioning it. That's just the attitude society has adopted. I won't even mention the lackluster of Father's Day.

In light of the many upcoming births within my circle, I have decided to write an ode to all mothers in honor of their wonderful sacrifices. Also, mothers day is next month and I want to have it ready, just in case I forget to buy something...


Oh Gee, Oh Wow,  it's finally time
you've told me once, you've told me twice
(though never would I without sigh),
To clean and vacuum this room of mine.

Tomorrow day will come and go
and chores will stack a mile high
you beckon and call without reply
continue to ignore, bravely I go

Heed not to your voice, i am alright
there's a new game to play instead
if i get up now ill surely be dead
building my XP will take all night

A sudden violent twist of ear
a grand miracle has taken place
a loving mom with a hand of grace
"were you calling me ma? I could not hear!"

You know, I am not really liking the direction this poem is going so I'm just going to stop right there.

Mother's have babies, who turn into little monsters who turn into preteen monsters, you see a cycle here? Any way, my point is, they deserve this. Maybe even more, seriously. Kids are monsters. Very terrifying, loud, smelly monsters.


So, brave warriors, we salute you. Well, not like, today, but on mothers day... you know, next month.....



No comments:

Post a Comment