Thursday, May 8, 2014

What's My Name?


My name is unusual. If your reading this believing that it is pronounced Tanya, Like Tanya Tucker, then you are sadly mistaken. It is odd that I get weirdly offended by the mispronunciation of my name, I know. I have had this name my whole life and have been called some strange things. I always find it amusing when people find hidden letters in there and call me Tanisha or Tatiana. I should be used to it by now, and sometimes I don't even correct people because I don't feel like it's worth it. I once let a coworker call me by a different name for almost 3 months. Seriously, I really did.

My point is, and I am not trying to sound like a crazy lady (ahem, it comes natural.), I just want everyone to know what my name is;

Taniya [ten-knee-uh]

Say it with me;

10-knee-uh

Well, I appreciate the effort anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment